Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blog already and my weekend visitor

I keep thinking about how great it is to have this blog to chronicle my experiences in life, but it seems like I never get around to actually writing anything. I am going to try my best to post at least once a week for the rest of this year. I have always had a passion for reading. I read constantly, so I assumed that would transfer into a passion for writing. Well< I have learned that is not the case. It is not that I dislike writing, I just don't do it. So, if you are reading this, sorry. You will have to bear with me as I get used to putting my thoughts into words for the world to see.

I have had a visitor in my home this weekend, an 11 year old girl. This young lady is in public school, and has a very different home life in comparison to my children. It is interesting to see the differences in behaviors between my children and her. The main difference is "worldliness." This girl is not a bad person, she just has not beenexposed to godly morals. The things that come out of her mouth are shocking to my kids. Her language is full of slang and euphemisms. Her favorite phrases all include the Lord's name.

You may wonder why I have her in my home if I disapprove of her so much. I am trying to reach out to her and teach her about God's love. I am hoping that visiting my home will be an example of a God-fearing family. Surely I can sacrifice one weekend for this poor soul. She has been crying out for help, but it seems like no one feels it is their job to deal with her. She is an 11 year old girl, but for some reason, no one bothers to give her a call or visit. No one offers her a ride to church unless she calls. Why is that? Is her soul not important?

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”

Please help me to remember the words of Jesus. Let me not feel this poor child is a burden or an inconvenience to my life. I pray I will be able to make some difference in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment