Sunday, January 17, 2010

Evaluate Your Priorities


One of the lessons I have already learned about homeschooling multiple children is, THINGS PILE UP! I have textbooks, work books, lapbooks, library books, and scrap books coming out of my ears. I cannot turn down a freebie, and I have gotten an abundance of those.

Now, I have all of these resources, and not a clue what to do with them. The hardest part of homeschooling for me is planning. If I do manage to get a few weeks worth of lessons planned for the kids, I then have to ensure that the lessons are actually completed. Yes, I am overwhelmed. After working a 45 hour week, I have one day, Saturday, to do EVERYTHING. Clean the house, do the laundry, buy groceries, grade the previous week's assignments, PLUS plan next week.

The only way I manage to keep my head on straight is to make sure my priorities are in line. Occasionally things get out of whack, and I have to reevaluate. I am not Superwoman. Sometimes the laundry will not get folded. Some weeks, I will not even look at the school work. But as long as I remember Number 1, everything else will work out. I do believe this with all of my heart. That is why I do not even worry about tomorrow, what we will eat or drink, or what we will wear. My heavenly Father is taking care of that for me. Is life going to be easy? NO. Are we going to have everything we want? NO. Are we going to have everything we need? Absolutely...

As Paul reminded the Philippians, "my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father glory forever and ever. Amen"
I thank God for His daily provisions. He is my Number 1. After that, everything falls in line perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment